Image Hosted by Idiots
Giant Chihuahua Paradise: Last smashy video in quite awhile.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Last smashy video in quite awhile.

So they say Video tapes are dead, and that if your VCR still works, you are an idiot that has
yet to appreciate the power of DVD.


I'm sorry, but when you want to recoed THAT show on TV you must use some sort of recorder.
And DVD and HDD recorders are great. Except that they cost more than the TV in my room
(The 14 inch CRT one).

That's why I am proud to own a SONY VCR that I bought just three years ago to replace the
non-functional Thomson VCRap. An i still record on videotapes. The VCR was cheap (Clearance)
and the tapes are dirt ($2 a tape anyone?) Sure, they offered crap quality and my recorder is a basic Mono 2 head one (the shit version to people who grow up with tapes) but hey, I can watch my recored movies without spending a chihuahua and half of a Betamax.

Then last month i picked a VHS tape out from a trash can and since it's wet, IT'S DEAD! So this means I get to destroy it. Fantastic.




Next up: i do a documentary on why outdated machines just are simply better. Except printers.

No comments: